I am happy to announce the release of JavaSerial version 0.5. This is a release which changes a lot of things internally. The tutorial has a list of all things that you need to know. The changelog is as follows:
- No need to download DLL/SO files, they are extracted from the JAR automatically. You can set the location with the Java properties com.rm5248.javaserial.lib.path and com.rm5248.javsesrial.lib.name
- Native code is provided for Windows x86/amd64, and Linux x86/amd64/ARM. Any help on verifying this code on other platforms is greatly appreciated.
- When opening up a serial port, you may say what control line events you are interested in. If you are not interested in any control line events, you can say as such and a new thread will not be created to tell you of serial changes.
- Fixed a bug where a valid serial port could be closed if a serial port that attempted to be created later threw an exception
- Project now uses Maven to build. This is not yet uploaded to Maven central, but the plan is to upload releases there shortly.
This release was originally going to have NIO support, however it turned out to be rather complicated. If you are interested in messing around with it, there is a partially-made version branches/JavaSerialNIO.
As always, please leave a comment or file a bug report if you notice something incorrect.